Quote

Language is the blood of the soul into which thoughts run and out of which they grow. - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Last Blog Portfolio For English HL Year 1


Coverage:

Poem Based On Observations

Informal Commentary: The Harlem Dancer

If This Were My Exam...

Poetry Commentary: Wanda Why Aren't You Dead

Schadenfreude (Wild Card)

 

Depth:

If This Were My Exam...

Explanation: The reason I chose this blog post for depth is because I used a secondary source in order to further analyze a poem. I first wrote an analysis based on what I observed from the poem, but I felt as though I was overlooking key concepts. So, I used a secondary source to help me broaden my understanding of the poem.

 

Interaction:

Explanation: I read Asim’s blog post and on the same essay I had read and found his interpretation to be very interesting. This is the best representation for interaction, for I used one of Asim’s ideas in my blog post and explained why I was so intrigued with his argument.

Discussion:

Poetry Commentary: Wanda Why Aren't You Dead

Explanation: There was a good Discussion between Asim and I on this blog post and I felt complied to show everybody how helpful it was. He explained to me how he like my commentary but felt as though I could’ve improved it. So, after hearing what he had to say I altered some aspects of my commentary and responded to his comment based on what I agreed and disagreed with.

 

Xenoblogging:

Exactly 500 Words. Great Success!

Explanation: This was an example of a good discussion between Asim and I on his blog post. I started of by telling him I enjoyed reading his commentary but felt as though he could improve it in certain areas. He replied to my comment by explaining me why he chose to write his commentary in the fashion he did. I then acknowledged the fact that his method may have been the best for him and gave him one last piece of advice. This was a great example of an interesting and intellectual discussion on a blog post.


Wild Card:

Schadenfreude

Explanation: My World Lit. #2 got me interested in this word. You’ll have to read the Wild Card in order to know the rest… J

 




No comments:

Post a Comment